Thursday, May 17, 2007

Radial head fracture

The ant room maven has suffered a minor setback in her quest to become a roller derby girl. Last Saturday during the Boston Derby Dame skate clinic I fell and broke my arm. Fun fun fun. So I have been out of commission for a few days recovering. Today is my first day back at the office. Here is a list of things I now know are very difficult to do with only one hand:

  • Drive
  • Put contact lenses in
  • Put my hair in a ponytail
  • Put on a bra
  • Floss
  • Tie my shoelaces

It is also surprisingly difficult to ID an ant with a microscope. Fortunately, I can type pretty well, and I have just received species identifications from Jeffery Sosa Calvo and Stephanie Johnson for Azteca, Rogeria, Discothyrea, Strumigenys, and Pyramica, so I still have lots of work I can be doing.

1 comment: